What is Conflict Resolution and Coaching?
Our daily lives are full of opportunities in which we can learn from the many challenges we face when interacting with others. When a conflict emerges, the best way to resolve the dispute is to negotiate until all parties can reach a compromise. I will work with all parties involved to help reach that compromise.
The objectives of negotiation are:
- To construct a realistic solution to which all parties can agree
- To reach this solution as quickly as possible
- To promote better conflict management between all parties in the future
Conflict coaching is a guided, confidential process of clarifying the issues in conflict, generating and assessing options and gaining clarity as to a way to move forward beyond the conflict.
The Conflict Resolution and Coaching Process
Our conflict coaching sessions will generally begin with uninterrupted time during which you will have an opportunity to fully share whatever is on your mind. In order to generate possible solutions, it is important to understand each person’s position and what matters to each.
To make sure we have heard your concerns, I will reflect on what you said and ask clarifying questions. Once we are all clear on the underlying issues, together, we will generate and access options for resolution and then discuss ways and strategies to move forward which serve everyone’s needs.
Our goal is to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for everyone involved in the conflict. This process allows you to reach a peaceful solution to difficult situations while growing your relationship with a better understanding of those with whom you are connected. Participation in this process often leads to a better, more creative resolution to conflicts which can initially seem impossible to resolve.
The benefits include:
- Opportunity to be fully heard
- Increased clarity as to the issues and the way to move forward
- Greater understanding of the position and values of the other parties to a conflict
- Ability to see both legal and non-legal options in moving forward